Friday, October 9, 2009

Good bye my lovely hometown, Taipei

11:30 pm, September 12, it was the time that I had to leave Taipei and start my new life in a foreign country. The airplane had already taken off. Thousands of buildings and stars-like street lights were under my feet and became smaller and smaller. Suddenly, I truly felt that I was leaving the place I have lived for 22 years. Few hours ago, I just finally set out. Drawing my big, heavy, and orange luggage, I went down stairs slowly. “Dom! Dom! Dom!” the wheels of my luggage hit the stairs and made a deep noise. The sound let my feeling of leaving become stronger and stronger. After giving my grandmother and grandfather a deep and long hug, I left for the airport. When I waited in a crowded line for checking in, all my friends showed up surprise. They gave me presents and sincere blessings. It is really touching. Drinking the tea that the beautiful flight attendant gave me reminded me that my best friend, Ruby, bought the ice cream black tea for me last night. It seemed that I could still taste the vanilla ice cream melting in my mouth and smell the aroma of black tea. I knew I would miss that so much! Staring out from the airplane’s window, this time I could not see lights and the land anymore. Out of boring, I slowly open my present. It was a huge post filled with photos which were taken with my friends- having picnics on campus, traveling to Kaohsiung, surfing in Kenting, wining basketball games…. Suddenly, all my memory came out and my tears fell down. I looked every photo carefully not knowing time went through. Gradually, the light came in from the window, the sky became brighter and brighter and a spectacular mountain stood erect in my sight. I knew it was the time to start my new adventure here in Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment